DSTI Warm Up
The optimal preparation for our Applied MSc programmes
You have made the decision to enroll in our Applied MSc programmes and this is a choice that we can only applaud! This means that you have come to realise that our programmes will launch your future career to new horizons or consolidate your current career. It means that you feel ready to improve your skills and take up this challenge.
Before you start, you should know that our courses are very intensive in nature! In order to be well prepared, it is imperative to reinforce your current knowledge and be fully up to date.
The good news is that we are as keen as you are to see you succeed. That is why we are fully committed to refresh or update your knowledge via the DSTI Warm Up. These intensive preparatory courses will identify and address any existing gaps in your knowledge, so that you can start one step ahead. You will for example be able to follow preparatory courses for more complex subjects, such as mathematics and programming.
But above all, we want you to be able to follow our regular courses without struggling. That is why we mentor you from the very beginning of the DSTI Warm Up, by helping you, supporting you, and guiding you. Real teachers will take care of you, check your current skills, identify your strengths and weaknesses, and assess how your knowledge can be best refreshed.
The DSTI Warm Up that we offer you can be followed on-campus or off-campus (online). It can therefore be harmoniously integrated with your current occupations, whether you are employed or not.
Get you up to speed on skills required to start leveraging!
These preparatory courses are an entire part of our programmes and is “must” to start your journey in the best possible way.
Applied mathematics & data structures
- Mathematic fundamentals review, data structures for algorithmics on Python Modeling elements
(all pre-calculus level)
- Data Structures for algorithmics: a benchmark on Python & R
- Design structures for fitting well known libraries (glmnet, xgboost, sci-kit learn)
Introduction to IT systems
- Fundamentals of Computer Architecture & Operating Systems
Introduction to networks
- Fundamentals of packet networking, routing networks layers, protocols, address spaces and associated service with TCP/IP
Introduction to computer science
- Fundamentals of programming
- Introduction to OS architecture
- Introduction to DOS/Power shell command
- Introduction to bash command /scripting
- Use case on a Linux web server