DSTI has HD telepresence technology in both campuses, allowing us to open online education access, with live cast over the web, for distant students to stay at home while following our Applied MSc programmes.
We have equipped both of our campuses with telepresence equipment and advanced software, including smart, interactive and digital whiteboards of the latest technology for amazing end-to-end exchange of knowledge.
All off-campus students are given accounts to join the classes.
Whether you live in London, Cape Town, Buenos Aires for early morning classes or New Delhi for afternoon and night classes, you can follow our programmes directly from your laptop in the comfort of your own home (DSL connection required).
Classes are recorded and recordings are made available on replay.
Please note that this recordings are provided as a commodity and convenience to all students.
Off-campus students remain obliged to follow classes in real-time, with their classmates and professors.
Off-campus students are enrolled identically to on-campus students, and receive an enrolment certificate.
The tuition is identical in both modes, and online students follow classes with their on-campus classmates. Industrial projects and placements cannot be guaranteed.
The following tuition fees apply only to students living outside of France. Online Education students living in France are considered “On-Campus” and therefore the “On-Campus” tuition fees apply.
The following tuition fees are in effect for the October 2019 entry and are subject to change for future years.
Fees are paid in 3 instalments, every two months in advance (w/exc. of the initial 20% down payment for securing your enrolment)
You get access to online DSTI facilities (Safari Books subscriptions, Industrial Partners software, etc.) but not to our fabulous campuses, nor industrial placement support for internships and part-time jobs.
You can, however, be employed as an intern, under a French Higher Education Internship Agreement, even if you are working abroad, anywhere in the world, knowing that
French Labour Law enforces that an internship cannot be longer than 6 months full-time (12 months part-time) with the same employer.
Two or more internships can be done with different employers.
DSTI won’t provide industrial support in finding these internships abroad, but will provide its usual support with administrative processes and liaising with your employer.
Self-Paced Online Course
Designed for working professionals!
The self-paced online course includes monthly intakes giving you the opportunity to decide when you want to start the programme on a schedule that suits you.
The SPOC mode is designed for working individuals who cannot afford to suspend their jobs for six months but still show a strong commitment to acquire new skills and further their careers. Aspiring Data Scientists and Data Engineers will be able to acquire advanced competencies and make strategic data-driven decisions.
More information here.
2-3 years to complete the programme
14 500 *
* The VAT applies to students living in France.
A personalised learning experience
At the beginning of your educational journey with DSTI, you will have an interview with our student care and direction of studies staff to help you design your own path according to your goals, constraints and questions, including choosing between “Data Science” and “Data Engineering”. The latter should never be a point of stress, as the two programmes have got a common set of courses, hence the specialisation choice can be made after the start of your journey.
1. The learning plan is constructed and followed according to courses’ pre-requisite dependencies.
2. SPOC students follow one course at a time from their learning plan.
3. The next course is unlocked by submission of the current course assessment.
The learning plan is reviewed every month by the Student Care staff and the Direction of Studies should important adjustments be needed.
The SPOC mode offers ten monthly intakes starting every month, except in January and August. You don’t have to wait for traditional semester dates to study on a schedule that suits your lifestyle.
Key benefits of the SPOC mode
- Develop new competencies through a personalised learning path to achieve your professional goals.
- Study flexibly and at your own pace – students can follow the online classes whenever they want and wherever they are, while keeping their job.
- Ability to join live classes – students can plan their availability to take part in live classes and interact with their Professors and classmates, notably for the most challenging courses.
- Full access to the learning materials.
- Support from the Student Care staff and the Direction of Studies.
SPOC students also have specific means of communication with DSTI:
1. A weekly “catch-up” teleconference session with our student care staff, tailored to rematerialise a live social bond.
2. A dedicated instant messaging channel with the Direction of Studies, allowing us to collect questions for Professors and to closely follow their progression.
Choose between 2 learning paths: a Degree or a Certificate
We also understand that graduated & working individuals already in some form of “data-related jobs” may not be primarily seeking another degree but a certificate of knowledge. DSTI programmes are not MOOCs. DSTI delivers post-master, specialist and complex higher education.
As such, we open two paths: one leading to graduation, another leading to a certificate.
Graduation requires complete fulfilment of the evaluation process as per the full-time programmes. Students choosing the graduation path will be given the evaluation and submission guidelines of the next upcoming cohort so that they can plan in advance their preparation and assessment submission strategy.
- Certification relies on simpler end-of-course multiple choice questions.