If you are interested in the world of Management and Data, this article is for you. Find out what Data Management is all about!
Are you a passionate manager? Are you interested in the world of data?
The Data Manager job is for you!
We explain what Data Management is.
What is Data Management?
Data Management is a discipline that has been developed as a result of the increasing volumes of data accumulated within businesses.
The Data Manager’s mission is to implement a global data management strategy with the aim of transforming data into sources of value.
But what exactly does Data Management consist of?
Closely related to Data Governance, Data Management is the set of actions concerning the management of data within an organisation. It consists of determining a strategy for data collection, arrangement, storage, accessibility, reliability, security and how to use it. The aim is to transform data into useful and strategic information for companies.
Data Management thus makes it possible to develop IT architectures adapted to each organisation.
With the explosion of data, businesses can no longer do without effective Data Management. Indeed, good Data Management will enable companies to implement marketing, management, accounting and financial policies capable of increasing their turnover in the long term.
Data Manager job description
The Data Manager’s job involves several challenges.
- Guaranteeing the quality of data: its reliability, accuracy, relevance and timeliness.
- Securing the company’s data: its accessibility and confidentiality.
- Creating a data repository: consolidate a Master Data Management (MDM) with the company’s reference data.
- Complying with legal regulations: for example, the implementation of the RGPD (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Creating new IT architectures: the organisation of an information system in which data is linked together, synchronised and brought together in a global platform.
- Guiding organisations in their decision making.
The job of Data Manager is becoming more and more popular and attracts a lot of candidates every year.