Artificial Intelligence Engineer
What Responsibilities do Artificial Intelligence Engineers have?
Artificial Intelligence Engineers (AI Engineers) are responsible for completing many difficult tasks. These tasks include developing, testing and deploying AI models using programming algorithms. Certain programming algorithms used include random forest, linear regression, logistic regression and many more.
As an AI Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- In order for other applications to use the machine learning models, you must convert them into application programme interfaces (APIs).
- You will also need to build AI models from scratch. Not only that, but you will also need to thoroughly explain to others (product managers, stakeholders, etc) why they should work with your model and what the benefits of using your model will be.
- Another important AI Engineer’s responsibility is to build data ingestion as well as data transformation infrastructure.
- You must automate infrastructure used by the data science team.
- Perform frequent statistical analysis and modify results in order to help the organization make a more knowledgeable decision.
- Establish and oversee product infrastructure and AI development.
- And lastly, it is vital that you are a great team player since this profession involves coordinating with other people very often.
Is there a High Demand for Artificial Intelligence Engineers?
Yes, there is currently a high need for such professionals, especially experts in this domain. As a result of this high demand, the salary for Artificial Intelligence Experts is also quite elevated, as you will see below.
How Much do Artificial Intelligence Engineers make?
Like many engineers, AI Engineers make significantly high salaries! Depending on the country you are working in, salaries will fluctuate. Other factors that may influence the wage of AI Engineers in the world are the organization you are working for, your knowledge and of course, your experience and expertise. Let’s have a look at some of the average annual AI Engineer salaries in different countries around the world:
And lastly, the average AI Engineer salary, here, in France:
- France – €81,974
Artificial Intelligence Project Manager
What Responsibilities do Artificial Intelligence Project Managers have?
As an Artificial Intelligence Project Manager, you will have numerous responsibilities. In a few words, your main job will be to oversee AI projects and ensure that they are progressing and being done properly.
More precisely, you will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Interacting and communicating frequently with clients in order to thoroughly understand their needs and long-term goals. On top of this, you will need to identify any potential risk factors in order to prepare project plans and proposals.
- Making frequent evaluations of projects and notice any possible risks, offer guidance to the client regarding their project, and provide clarifications to the client when needed.
- Creating resource and staffing plans that will help ensure project deadlines are respected.
- Review the work of the team involved in the project you are managing to ensure consistency when it comes to quality.
- Prepare project status reports that will help ensure the project quality is at the company standards.
Is there a High Demand for Artificial Intelligence Project Managers?
Of course! With an increase in the number of ongoing Artificial Intelligence projects, more managers for these projects are also needed. Much like other jobs in this industry that have high demands, Project Managers are paid very well, as well. This will be more clear to you in the next paragraph.
How Much do Artificial Intelligence Project Managers make?
Much like most jobs out there, the average salary of an Artificial Intelligence Project Manager will vary depending on several factors. These factors include which employer you are working for, which country you are working in, your experience in the industry and your expertise. Let’s have a look at the average wage for AI Project Managers across the world. Here they are:
- United States – $111,000
- Canada – C$102,000
- India – ₹900,000
- The United Kingdom – £59,000
Artificial Intelligence Developer
What Responsibilities do Artificial Intelligence Developers have?
As with the other career opportunities listed on this list, Artificial Intelligence Developers do not have one fixed task. In fact, they handle many different things and have numerous responsibilities, most of which are listed below:
- As an AI Developer, you will often incorporate AI functionality into software applications. This is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) responsibility that comes with this profession.
- Implementing and integrating different AI algorithms and logic into the deliverables of an IT project.
- Creating, testing and deploying lots of code.
- Working closely with electrical engineers and robotic engineers in order to produce systems that operate using artificial intelligence.
- Developing the software used by robots and different types of systems.
- Helping search engines understand what researchers are really looking for, despite there being potential spelling mistakes in the search terms.
These are, of course, only some of the responsibilities you may have in this career. However, they do show a general overview of the type of work you will be handling in this profession.
Is there a High Demand for Artificial Intelligence Developers?
There is indeed a high demand for AI Developers, just like there is for numerous professions involving artificial intelligence. As you can imagine, as a result of the high demand for people in this role, the average wage for these types of experts is also superior to many other jobs.
How Much do Artificial Intelligence Developers make?
It’s no surprise that this artificial intelligence job also offers nice salaries. Here are a few average annual salaries from different countries for AI Developers:
- The United States – $62,238
- Canada – C$77,112
- India – ₹800,000
- The United Kingdom – £65,000
And lastly, the average AI Developer salary, here, in France:
- France – €70,000
Does DSTI offer programmes to become to start a career in AI?
Yes, we do! What are you waiting for? Our Master’s-level programmes offer everything you will need to know to become a successful AI experts. The applied bootcamp and course will provide all of the training and experience you need to kick off your career in this domain.
Here are two programmes offered here at DSTI that we strongly encourage you to check out if you are interested in pursuing a career in AI: