The Student Life and Campus Services Fee (CVEC) was instituted by the French ORE (Student Orientation and Achievement ) law of March 8th 2018. It will apply beginning with the 2018-2019 academic year.
The CVEC fee is designed to help fund:
– Student orientation and integration (social, healthcare, arts & culture, sports)
– Student health information, education, and awareness initiatives
All students who are enrolled at a university-level institution in full-time or apprenticeship programs must pay the €90 annual CVEC.
Students do not have to pay the fee (qualify for a fee waiver) if they are:
– Beneficiaries of a CROUS
– A Refugee or Asylum Seeker
The CVEC does not apply to Executive Education students.
How to pay the CVEC?
The CVEC is a national fee that is paid via a French government platform and NOT to the institution in which you are enrolled.
All full-time and apprenticeship students must pay their CVEC before registering for classes.
If you are subject to the €90 CVEC, you can pay the fee:
– By credit or debit card via the MesServices.Etudiant.gouv.fr website (the web platform
will open for business on July 1st 2018)
– In cash at the French Post Office
If you qualify for a CVEC waiver (see above), you are required to declare your status by registering with
the CROUS de Paris via the MesServices.Etudiant.gouv.fr website.
More information about the CVEC here